Sunday, March 27, 2011

Naps

Something amazing happened today.

The kids ate lunch, then we put them down for their nap.  About that time, earlier than normal, Penelope decided she was hungry.  So, we went to her room and I nursed her then put her down for her nap.  I came downstairs and cleaned up, did some laundry, and ate lunch myself.  At this point, I still didn’t hear anything going on upstairs, so I decided that I may have 30 minutes to take a nap myself.  I crawled into bed, expecting nothing, but hoping for a 30 minute nap.

Thirty minutes later, the ringing phone woke me up.  It was just the University of Florida calling (presumably to ask Gary for money), so I ignored the phone and rolled over to sleep for a few more minutes until the kids woke up.

An hour and a half later, I woke up.  I looked at the clock several times trying to figure out what was going on.  I finally realized that it was the middle of the day, the kids were all asleep, and so were Gary and I (well, until just then when I woke up).  I sort of just hung out for a minute trying to figure out what to do.  I finally got up and did some laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, started dinner, and generally felt a little lost, when Penelope started stirring and was hungry again. 

I still can’t believe that we all took such a long nap.  Truly amazing!

1 comment:

Lindsey Wolfe said...

That had to be a Godsend!!! I bet you felt like a new woman!!