Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bedtime Delay

The kids try to delay our leaving their bedroom at night and tonight was no exception. Tonight we did all sorts of things. We wrapped stuffed animals up like babies, we wrapped kids up like babies, we kissed doggies good night, we picked up dropped lambs, etc. Not long after we left, Henry started screaming. Gary, and then I, went upstairs to check on him. Eventually we got him calm enough to lay down and we covered him up. I was on my way out the door, absolutely determined not to step foot in that room again no matter what, when I heard a really soft voice say, "I need a hug." I immediately turned around and gave Henry a huge hug. Then I heard the girls saying, "I need a hug!" I gave out several hugs. If they are looking for a way to delay me, they've found it. I don't think I could ever walk away from a request like that!

2 comments:

JoLynn said...

So sweet! My son is a hugger...people, blankets, animals, forks, whatever is in sight. My family isn't like that but I am determined that if that is how he feels loved, then I will encourage him as much as possible!

*hug*

Unknown said...

My kids want kisses. I might not get out of that room without giving 40 kisses to each. It's so cute and so hard to turn down.