Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bedtime

It seems like funny things usually happen at bedtime. For instance, last night, Piper demanded that Gary get her a clean blanket (which, by the way, is pronounced "kwee wookie"). It wasn't so much that she was demanding the clean blanket, it was how she was demanding the clean blanket. The armoire in their bedroom is full of blankets. Gary was standing at the armoire trying to figure out which blanket she wanted, and Piper was getting really frustrated with him. She was looking at him like he was being intentionally difficult, and was holding her hands up toward him and repeatedly demanding the "kwee wookie" just as if she was instead saying, "Just give me a clean blanket. That's it! Just a clean blanket." At one point Gary said, "I'm trying! I'm trying! Just give me a chance. Geez." It was hilarious. I'm afraid that Gary is going to have a lot of women telling him what to do.

The latest change in our bedroom routine is that the kids climb into their cribs by themselves. Yes, they can climb into their cribs. Why they haven't figured out that they could climb out of the cribs I don't know, but I'm not questioning it too much right now. I don't think that we're ready for big boy and girl beds just because I think the kids would spend a lot of time playing instead of sleeping, but I think we are getting close. Maybe in a few more months, around their third birthday.

I think Penelope is still working on her other tooth. She got up around 1:30 this morning, but thankfully went back down pretty easily. I think that she's working on that other bottom tooth. I guess we'll find out soon enough. Tomorrow is Penelope's 6-month appointment (3 weeks late due to the snow) and so I'll have some stats for tomorrow night's post!

Good night, blogworld.  Let's see if I can make it three nights in a row tomorrow. . . .

No comments: