Monday, June 13, 2011

Vacation Day 1

Last Monday was the first day of our vacation.  I started working on my list of the things we needed for our trip about a month before we left.  I’m glad I did.  I did laundry all day Saturday then packed all day Sunday.  Mom drove down to our house on Sunday.  Monday we finished packing up, loaded up the car, and took off around 10 in the morning.  We stopped for a quick lunch in Montgomery then hit the road again.  A couple of hours later we had to pull off on the side of the road so that I could nurse Penelope, then we started driving again.  No one really took a good nap, but no one was that fussy or grumpy.  By 4 that afternoon I was checking us in and we were in our condo by 4:30. 

I requested that we get a one-level condo just so that we could avoid the whole playing on the stairs issue, but there weren’t any available for the time that we would be there.  Even though Penelope hadn’t shown much interest in the stairs at our house (which maybe has something to do with our gate), she immediately started climbing up the stairs at the condo.  Luckily, we were able to catch her most of the time before she got more than a few steps up.

Gary had a lot of work stuff going on, so he ended up working late on Sunday then leaving before we got up on Monday to go to work.  Honestly, there for a little while, we weren’t sure if he was going to be able to drive down on Monday.  Luckily, I got a call when we were about an hour and a half from the beach that he was on the road! 

When we got to the condo, the kids had snacks while we unloaded the car, then we did baths and got ready for dinner.  Gary made it to the condo around 7:00, unloaded, and we immediately went to Acme Oyster House, one of my and Gary’s favorite restaurants, for dinner.  Everyone enjoyed themselves.  Then we went home and crashed. . . .

And no, I didn’t take any photos on day 1.  Oops.

More soon!

2 comments:

Lora G said...

I'm in awe of you driving them down there by yourself!! Can't BELIEVE you didn't get to take any pictures (total sarcasm there). You're a super-mom!!

Lora G said...

Okay, now that I re-read it, it sounds like your mom went, but still you are a super-mom!