Saturday, June 25, 2011

THREE

Today, the kids turned 3.  And we had a big birthday bash.  It was great.  In a way it’s hard to believe that it’s been three years since the kids were born, but in a way it also feels like we’ve earned the right to say that we have three 3-year-olds. 

The kids had a really great time today, and we are so thankful for all of our guests who came out to celebrate with us.  I’m very lucky that Cathy and Amanda were at the party and took photos for me.  As much as I love taking photos, I think it’s impossible to host a party and take photos.  I’ll post the photos that Cathy and Amanda took in a few days. . . .  I’ve seen some of them and can’t wait to share them!  Even though I had hoped to take some photos before the party got started, I didn’t take a single photo until after everyone was gone and everything was destroyed.  But those photos are also important in their own special way, and tell part of the story.

DSC_2561 W DSC_2564 W DSC_2577 WA few times today I’ve really been hit by how extremely lucky we are to have these three wonderful, happy, and healthy children.  I think back to when the kids were born and there were so many questions about what the future held, and I think back to everything we’ve made it through to get to where we are now.  In between the party preparation and fun, it’s been a day of true reflection.

I’m just really happy.  And really proud of my husband and kids.  And really thankful for our great family and friends who celebrate with us.  It was a great day. 

2 comments:

Arlene G said...

Happy Birthday Lees!!! Looks like it was a fun day.

JoLynn said...

Hats off to your wonderful family and happy birthday to your threesome!