Thursday, September 29, 2011

Identical? ~ Part 2

I posted a few months ago about how we have wondered whether Piper and Rosemary are identical.  As time has passed, Gary and I think there is a better and better chance that they are indeed identical.  Then tonight I showed Gary this photo I took of the girls this past weekend:

DSC_5365 W Check that out.  Seriously.  What part of them does not look alike?!!  Even their ears are the same.  Not that you can see it in this photo, but their hair color is the same.  Nose, eye color, eyelashes, lips, everything. 

So, after seeing that photo, Gary and I ordered the DNA test that will tell us whether the girls are identical.  We’ve thought about it for a while and finally went for it.  Hopefully, we’ll have results in about 3 weeks. 

In the meantime, please feel free to vote in the poll to the right on whether you think they’re identical or not.  And comment if you have any questions you want to ask before you vote! 

This is going to be fun!

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

They look so much alike..but I would have to vote No...only because I can actually tell them apart in pictures without knowing them in real life! Although that may be because Rosemary is smaller than Piper...eek..I dont know! I will still go with No, though...final answer! :)

Arlene G said...

Identical....of course, this is just from looking at pictures but they do look identical.

Elizabeth Seats said...

i voted yes. i have twin cousins who are identical and even though they favor so much they still have some difference but they are still identical.

JoLynn said...

This is a tough one. There have been many pictures that I have looked at on the blog and thought it was multiple pictures of the same girl but it was a picture of both. Then there are others that the look different. The black and white that you posted as an example is spot on. But in their pictures on the left of the blog, they look different. I also know that sometimes fraternal twins can look more alike and identical can look different at times. Maybe I should just vote not sure!

I'm excited to hear the results, though!

Lora G said...

I had just thought I was starting to tell the difference, but to the trained eye, even identical twins have their subtle differences, I would put them in that category, plus they don't really look like the other kids, just like each other.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Ahhh...so you went for it! In this picture they do look pretty much identical!

Anonymous said...

Why does it matter if they are identical or not??? Just curious.

Anonymous said...

Why does it matter if they are identical or not?? Just curious.

Heather said...

Anonymous -- as of now there is no medical reason to know, but we're just nosey and want to find out. :) Plus, we're asked that question all the time and would like to have an answer to it.