Monday, April 11, 2011

Driving to Playschool

I really love driving the kids to playschool on Mondays and Wednesdays.  I enjoy watching the kids dance, and I love seeing what they say and do during that drive.  This morning we had an especially fun ride.

We pass the pediatrician’s office on our way to playschool.  This morning, as we passed the office, Rosemary apparently was thinking about this past Thursday and yelled, “Wait!  I need a dock-tah!”  I eventually convinced her that we should go to school instead.

Then the girls started trying to get Henry’s attention.  They were yelling, “Henny!  Henny!!  HENNY!!” and he was just looking out the window.  I started to think that he actually was in a daze and hadn’t heard the girls at all – much like Gary will do.  Then Piper started kicking the back of his seat.  Henry still didn’t move and kept looking out the window.  I started to think that he may be intentionally ignoring them.  As I was checking him out in the rearview mirror, he looked up at me, made eye contact, shook his head, then went right back to staring out the window as if he didn’t hear the girls at all.  It was hilarious.  The kid is learning fast.

And of course, every morning when we pull in to the parking lot the kids start cheering for school.  They love it, and I love that they love school.  I have no idea what we’re going to do this summer without school!

No comments: