Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother’s Day

I had a great Mother’s Day yesterday.  For some reason, this year I felt more like Mother’s Day was a special day for me.  Three years ago, I was early on in my pregnancy with the kids and not sure that things were going to go okay.  Two years ago, we were dealing with three infants.  One year ago, I was pregnant with Penelope, already having contractions again, and worried about Penelope coming too early.  This year, I was able to just sit back and enjoy my kids.  It was awesome.  I did get some wonderful gifts – some beautiful flowers, some great handpainted crosses from the kids (made at playschool), and two new glass charms for my Pandora bracelet.

DSC_0992 W DSC_0983 W DSC_0964 WMy kids are so thoughtful!!!

Unfortunately, we started out the day by taking Piper and Rosemary to the pediatrician.  Luckily they did not have strep, but apparently there is some viral sore throat thing that is going around and Piper appears to have that.  Henry has run a low-grade fever (which may just be due to him running around a lot), but seems to be okay.  Rosemary has run a fever up to 102, but seems to feel okay except for being slightly more grumpy than usual.  Piper has run a fever of up to 103 and been just flat out pitiful.  Then tonight Penelope started running a fever of 102. . . .  So far she seems to react to sickness about like Rosemary – she just gets a little grumpy.  I am SO ready for all this sickness to be behind us! 

Luckily, everyone seems to feel fine so long as they have some ibuprofen in their system.  Yesterday afternoon, when everyone seemed to be feeling okay, we decided to celebrate Mother’s Day at Yogurt Mountain.  We had a blast.  The kids had never imagined that such a wonderful place exists!  I got some photos while we were there, so I’ll get those up soon. 

I hope you all had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Glad you had a good Mother's Day, but it sure stinks that the kiddos were sick!