Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Writer's Block

Apparently I've had writer's block. I just haven't been blogging the last week and a half. . . . It's not like nothing has happened. Lots has happened.

For instance, about a week and a half ago Henry became a walker. One day he just stood up and started walking! I had reconciled myself to the fact that he may be 18 months before he walked, but he got it in at 15 months!

Now we have a Target just right down the road from us!!! I hadn't been that excited about it until I pulled into the parking lot this past Saturday. I felt this strange calmness come over, as if everything was right in the world. I walked around the store in a daze staring at all the clean, nice aisles. Also, everyone kept asking me if I needed help. But, I think that was probably more so due to the expression on my face. . . .

We also put Piper and Henry in forward-facing carseats!!! Kids need to be one year of age AND weigh at least 20 pounds before they can be forward-facing. Henry was ready when he was one, and Piper was ready shortly thereafter, but we weren't in a huge hurry to buy three new carseats. We have plans for a road trip in the next month or so, so we decided to go ahead and take the plunge and buy the three carseats. Piper and Henry loved it!! At first they were pretty confused, but by the time we pulled out of our driveway, they were smiling and laughing and kicking their feet. We just hope that Rosemary will weigh enough to go into her carseat before she's 2!!

And then not this past Thursday night, but the Thursday night before, I had to take Piper to the Children's Hospital ER (yes, Piper!). Every night before we go to bed, we go upstairs and check on the babies. When we checked on them that night, Piper was breathing very fast and was running a little fever. We gave her some Tylenol and then checked on her again in an hour. Still breathing fast and still hot. So, I called the pediatrician after hours number, and was sent to Children's ER. Now here is the amazing part: We left our house at 11:45 p.m. and got home at 1:30 a.m. Our pediatrician said that the Children's ER has been running a 6-8 hour wait, but we only saw one other patient. In and out for us. Luckily, Piper had a very short-lived fever virus that ended about as quickly as it began. In fact, she was fine by the next morning. If we hadn't checked on her that night before bed, I wonder if we would have ever even known it happened. We were also extremely fortunate that Henry and Rosemary stayed well.

Anyway, I went on a blog break but not a picture-taking break. I'll leave you with some adorable pictures of Gary and Henry bouncing around in the house:

1 comment:

Lindsey Wolfe said...

Welcome back! You have been missed!