Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Motto for Each Baby. . . .

Lori is one of the babies' NICU nurses. In fact, she had the babies the day after they were born, the first time I got to hold Henry. . . . She was an awesome nurse, and was really good about letting me know that I was the mom and that no one could replace the mom -- which is something I needed to know. As a first time mom, it was unbelievably hard to see my three babies in isolettes being cared for by nurses, and not knowing how to take care of them myself -- the wires, the beeps and noises, everything about a NICU is just not the way that it "should" be for a baby. It was very easy for me to feel as though I was failing my babies because there were strangers who could take better care of them than me at that time, but early on Lori made sure to keep me from feeling that way as much as possible.

We are so thrilled that Lori was able to be at the babies' first birthday party. Last week she made a post on my Facebook wall about the babies:

I have come up with a motto for each of the kids. Piper, "The Queen is not amused" Henry, "Sometimes life is as simple as just showing up" Rosemary, "Come let us adore me" I'm in love with them all. Three kids, same mom and dad, their own unique personalities.

If that doesn't describe my kids, I don't know what does. . . .

2 comments:

The Grasshoppa:Triplets Plus Two Momma said...

That is the most fabulous things I have ever seen. That really makes me want to get busy on motto's for our kids. Just curious if you think she was accurate?

Heather said...

I love the mottos! I think about them all the time. And those mottos totally suit my kids -- Piper is demanding and vocal if she is not happy with how things are going, Henry is happy to be wherever he is and always smiles and flirts with everyone, and Rosemary will just pose and let everyone admire her. Lori definitely picked up on their personalities!