Sunday, July 19, 2009

Another Birthday Party!

Many of you probably know that for years before I had the babies I taught group fitness classes. I actually had a stress fracture in my foot when I got pregnant with the babies, so I was not working out then. I got the go ahead from my ortho guy to start working out again about the time I found out I was pregnant. My doctor told me to wait to start back until we saw the baby's heartbeat. But then we saw three heartbeats and I was told to cut it all out. . . . I keep intending to go back to teaching, but I just haven't. If I did I would miss seeing the babies when they wake up in the morning, and I'm just not ready for that yet.

Anyway, I taught at two gyms, both YMCAs (formerly SportsFirst): Vestavia Xpress and Mountain Brook. At the Vestavia Xpress I always noticed that after my class, there would be some people sitting at a table drinking coffee as I walked out on my way to work. Sometimes these folks would actually be having breakfast. Being as I'm drawn to food, I started talking everyone this table, and eventually I became part of the "breakfast club" -- and found some truly wonderful friends at that table. About every month there is a party to celebrate something -- usually a birthday, but also the occasional baby shower. Since I had the babies I've been going every now and then for breakfast on the way into work, but this past Saturday we had a party and I brought the babies.

I was a little surprised to see that this was not a normal breakfast party -- it was a birthday party for the babies!!! They loved seeing everyone and had a great time. I forgot my camera, but we took some cellphone pictures. Here are the babies having some cake. . . .





And here is Henry opening his gift (a workbench with tools that he LOVES):





Rosemary did not disappoint. She tore into her cake with the same enthusiasm she did with her first birthday cake. Rosemary had to have a good scrubbing afterwards!



No comments: