Sunday, July 26, 2009

Banana S'Mores

Yesterday I was looking through a cookbook that Peggy gave me for my birthday when I ran across a recipe for Banana S'Mores. Knowing how much the babies love bananas and sweet things, I thought that would be a perfect dessert for everyone. So, last night I made the banana s'mores to have after dinner. Here's how they were supposed to look:



And here's how mine actually looked:



Oh well.

We served them to the kids in the peels first, but they weren't really sure what to do with the peels -- except to try to eat them. . . .





We eventually just dumped the bananas, chocolate, marshmallows, and graham cracker crumbs onto their trays and took away the peels. The kids demolished their desserts, with each baby eating an entire banana with toppings. . . .





Unfortunately, this was AFTER their (first) baths.

The kids absolutely loved this dessert and most importantly, it was easy to make (and not completely junk food). Gary liked it, too. Here's the recipe if anyone wants to try them out (you can click on the picture to make it bigger):

1 comment:

Abbie said...

OO I am so trying that!