Thursday, August 16, 2012

Piper and Rosemary’s First Pre-Ballet and Tap Class

With some encouragement from one of my friends, I signed up Piper and Rosemary for pre-ballet and tap at a nearby dance studio.  Piper and Rosemary were quite simply BESIDE themselves with the idea of going to a dance class.  When I showed them their leotards, tights, ballet shoes, and tap shoes, they almost lost it.  They were so very happy this past Monday when it was finally time for them to get ready for class!

DSC_9020DSC_8990DSC_8987DSC_9001

Note to self:  Next time skip the undies.

Penelope was a little confused as to why she didn’t have a new outfit or shoes, but she demanded a bun (the girls are required to wear their hair “securely fastened in a bun” for class) and then insisted on being in any photos I tried to take.

DSC_8994

Piper and Rosemary certainly felt special for their big day.

DSC_9027DSC_9029DSC_9040DSC_9064

I didn’t know whether I’d be able to watch them once we got to the class, but there was a small glass window that we could watch through, and the door was left open, so I was able to take a few photos during class.

DSC_9071DSC_9089DSC_9093DSC_9096

First up was the pre-ballet portion of the class, followed by the tap portion.  The girls later told me that tap was their favorite.  When I asked why, they said, “Because ballet is reawwy reawwy hard.”  Oh.  Yeah.  Of course.

DSC_9117DSC_9133DSC_9155DSC_9169

Piper really had a a great time.  She also talked a lot.  Too much.  The teacher was constantly telling her to be quiet or wait her turn to talk.  It brought back memories of my own childhood.  And to think that we thought the child would never talk. . . .

After class was over, all of the little girls took off their shoes lined up and walked down the hall to their parents on their tiptoes with their hands up.  It was adorable.

DSC_9178DSC_9181

Every morning now the girls ask me if I’m going to come home during work and take them to ballet.  They are quite disappointed that they only go once a week!

9 comments:

Lindsey Wolfe said...

Those are great pictures!!!

Glad the girls had a great time!

Brooke Hurley said...

HEATHER!!!! this is the cutest thing ever! they look like such little naturals!

JoLynn said...

What a fun experience to share together! So adorable!

Teej said...

They have such beautiful eyes.

Lora G said...

I love everything about this post

prettyhelmet said...

Tap is the best! Why? Because you get to make as much noise as you want and no one gets on to you.

Love the photos as usual. Such gorgeous girls.

KAW said...

This is beyond adorable!!! They are too cute and the buns...I can't!

9littlevoices said...

Love...

9littlevoices said...

Love...