Wednesday, March 7, 2012

“When I grow up. . . .”

Rosemary is still in speech therapy through the local school system.  She will probably be done after this semester.  We’ve been so impressed with her improvement lately.  I was especially proud of Rosemary this past weekend when she was talking to other people at the birthday party.  For the longest time she wouldn’t talk to anyone at all unless she knew them really well (which was about 5 people), but now she will communicate more with people that she doesn’t know as well.

DSC_1536

Rosemary is very interested in what she is going to do when she grows up.  She tells me all the time about things she is going to do when she grows up.  For instance, the other day she said, “When I grow up, I’m going to be reeeeeeeeeally big and my head is going to hit the ceiling and it’s going to be soooooooo funny!”

DSC_1537

Then tonight, she told me, “Mommy, when I grow up, I’m going to wear reeeeeeeeeeeeally big panties like you!”

Awesome.  But at least she’s talking, right?!!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

That's HIGH-LAIR-EEE-US! :) The other day I was asked why I have big nipples... and then Cassie proceeded to rub hers and say "I like my little nipples". Oh well.

Candace said...

That is pretty funny, Heather!!

Heather said...

Jamie -- THAT is hilarious!! It amazes me what kids will say. . . .

Lora G said...

That made me laugh out loud! You pray for them to talk then when they do, you just never know what's gonna come out!

Janine said...

HAHAHAHA!!! I laughed out loud at this post and then the comment about nipples! My child doesn't talk well yet but he points a lot. I can only imagine what he will say when he has a word for what he's pointing to! YIKES! :) Oh well...learning moments!