Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Photography Class is Over!

My photography class is over.  I enjoyed it a lot, and perhaps the most I’ve enjoyed a class to date.  As always, it wasn’t painless.  I need photography classes to keep me learning and to challenge me, but I really take them seriously (perhaps too seriously?) and they wear me out.  I’m ready to recover a little bit!  I’ve celebrated the class being over by not taking any photos since Saturday night, when I turned in my homework.

But, I’ll still post my last week’s homework.  My first photo was one to show emotion and/or interaction, with a conversion to black and white.  I chose this photo of Rosemary, peaking, when she was supposed to be standing in the corner. . . .

DSC_8329The second part of my assignment was to take a lifestyle photo essay of several photos that tell a story.  Here is my essay:

DSC_8274 DSC_8277 DSC_8278 DSC_8280 DSC_8281 DSC_8282The last part of my assignment was to take a high ISO indoor photo, and here is the one I took:

DSC_8185

I think that I’m most happy about how much I’ve learned about Lightroom 3, and how much I like it.  To me, it’s really much more intuitive as Photoshop Elements.  It also really speeds me up.  I used to spend a lot of time watermarking and getting my photos ready to post on the blog, and with Lightroom 3 that process is much, much shorter.  I’m considering taking another class early next year just on Lightroom.  We’ll just have to see if I’ve recovered and am ready to take another class then! 

And now back to our regularly scheduled blogging activities . . . whatever that may be. . . .  Thanks for hanging in here with me while I was not a very regular blogger!

No comments: