Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Yee Hao, Bumblebee Cowboy!

The other day, Piper was walking around saying “yee hao” and sort of waving.  I thought she was talking about Ni Hao Kailan and waving.  At some point, I realized that she was saying “yee haw” like a cowboy, but with a weird accent, and moving her hand in a roping motion.  It was hilarious.  And if that wasn’t hilarious enough, then she was riding around on her bumblebee wheely bug yelling, “Yee Hao!!  I’m a bumblebee cowboy!!” 

Absolutely hilarious.  Every time I think about it, I laugh.  I can’t help it.

On another note, my dear blog commenters convinced me that perhaps I’m not entirely crazy about my kids height, weight, and head circumference stats, so I pulled out the tape measure tonight.  Here are Penelope’s correct stats:

Length:  31 inches (50th-75th percentile)
Head Circumference:  18.25 inches (50th-75th percentile)

That sounds just about right to me.  And yes, I feel much better.  I can stop obsessing . . . for now.

While I had the tape measure out, I measured the big kids’ height, who all just had a very visible growth spurt.  I was really shocked at the results because they really did have a big growth spurt, inches and percentile-wise:

Piper:  37.5 inches (25th-50th percentile)
Henry:  39 inches (>50th percentile)
Rosemary:  36.25 inches (10th percentile)

Rosemary is really moving up her growth curve – well, actually, they all are.  I’m so proud!!

3 comments:

Esther and Brian said...

Wow, Henry is 39 inches? He is very tall now- how did you do that? I need your magic tricks..oh, wait, I need to stop obsessing over that. I forgot...:)

Heather said...

LOL Esther!! I know!! But at his 3 year appointment he was so much lower on the percentile range . . . and about 3 inches shorter. You just never know when a growth spurt is going to hit.

JoLynn said...

We started a "marking wall" and every 3 months or so the kids stand at the wall nice and straight. I put a book on their head and have them step away so I can make a mark. Then we assign the name, put a date, measurement, and age. Lots of fun to see how fast they can grow. All the cousins used to have a mark on a wall at Grandma and Grandpa's house when i was growing up.