Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Cracker Barrel Breakfast

Back before we had the kids, Gary and I had many breakfasts at Cracker Barrel. We got out of the habit when the kids were born. Once the kids were big enough to enjoy breakfast at Cracker Barrel I tried to convince Gary to go, but he never seemed to want to go. You see, typically I take care of the morning things with the babies on the weekends, and Gary takes care of the afternoon things. Apparently, Gary preferred to stay in bed than to save me the effort of making breakfast for the kids. Go figure.

Anyway, I haven't even asked to go to Cracker Barrel in a while, but this weekend when I woke up and thought about how good Cracker Barrel would be, I thought that maybe I could convince Gary to take me under the guise of a pregnancy-induced craving. It worked!! We loaded the kids up and took them to their first Cracker Barrel breakfast.

The kids really enjoyed themselves, and were surprisingly well behaved at the restaurant. I was a little concerned when Rosemary didn't get food right when she sat down. She kept patting her placemat and looking around, sort of like, "Hello? Who is bringing me my breakfast?!!" Luckily, we started out with some biscuits, then the kids split a Sunrise Sampler. They also ate all of my baked apples. Oh well.





The highlight of the breakfast was when Gary let the kids try his pancakes. Those were a HUGE hit!!




4 comments:

Lindsey Wolfe said...

YUMMY pancakes! Logan LOVES pancakes. Glad you were able to get out for breakfast! Looks like fun!

The Grasshoppa:Triplets Plus Two Momma said...

Atta girl---you work that pregnancy all the live long day!!!

Hope you are feeling well :)

Cathy said...

Awesome! I hope that they got on it and brought little Rosemary her breakfast quickly! Was she okay with no eggs? (or did she have her eggs?)

Heather said...

Oh, Rosemary definitely got her eggs! :) I think she was so enamoured with the apples that she probably could have done without them this one time, though.