Monday, September 21, 2009

"That Kid" in the Grocery Store

Whenever Gary and I go run errands on the weekend, we try to take one baby with us. It gives us a little one-on-one time with whoever goes, and it also gets the kids out to experience "normal" kid stuff. Usually the kids are great when we're out. They just enjoy being out and with mommy or daddy by themselves, and seeing something different.

Until this weekend.

You know that kid in the grocery store? The one who has an all-out meltdown. That was the Hammer yesterday.

I was taking a picture of Henry in the cart because I am very short on blog material for this week (maybe due to being stuck inside with the rain), so I thought it would be cute to have a picture of Henry in the grocery cart. I got one picture then he started yanking things off the conveyor belt. . . .



I told him no, took everything he had pulled off away from him and returned it, and then pushed him where he couldn't reach anything, and this happened:



Full-on meltdown. The picture cannot accurately portray what I witnessed. I just hope it didn't last for as long as it felt to me. . . .

I hope this is not the beginning of a trend. I'll definitely be taking one of the girls out with me next weekend and I can only hope that they can hold it together better than the Hammer.

2 comments:

Abbie said...

and so it begins....

The Grasshoppa:Triplets Plus Two Momma said...

Heather!!! Welcome to the Club. Your new member packet should be arriving in 10-14 business days. It seems we have had a lot of new members recently. I have been in the Club since day one of Maelina's birth. She is 16 months old and still throws a fit in any type of restraint; car seat, high-chair, grocery cart, stroller. She gives a whole new meaning to the word strong-willed! They do eventually grow up, though. Then they move on to cutting their own hair and getting their learners permit. By that time--a little bit of screaming in the grocery store won't bother you at all. By that time, you are just thankful they haven't run your neighbor over in the family car. The Club---welcome :0)