Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hiking Weekend

The weather was, again, unseasonably pleasant this past weekend.  We decided to spend it doing one of our favorite things – hiking.  The kids were so excited to be going hiking again!  We decided to go to Tannehill State Park, mostly because they have a bit of everything: some water, bridges, trails, picnic tables, etc.  We had a picnic lunch when we got there, then took off on the trails.  Penelope still loves her backpack. . .

DSC_0780DSC_0809DSC_0851 DSC_0828 DSC_0854 DSC_0866 DSC_0897 DSC_0884 DSC_0889 DSC_0898 DSC_0914 I started a new photography class on Monday.  It’s not so much a shooting class (as my other three photography classes have been) and instead it is an editing class.  I learned (what I thought was) a lot about Lightroom when I took my Shooting 201 class back in October.  I’ve been in class since Monday and I already see how much I don’t know about editing in Lightroom.  I can tell that I’m going to learn a ton, but it’s definitely going to take a lot of time. . . .

That’s all to say that I’m starting to really love some black and white photos.  I’ve never really used black and white that much, but for some reason lately I really like it – many times it makes my photos look the way I wanted them to look in my mind.  Here are a few that do that. . . .

DSC_0806 DSC_0839 DSC_0895 DSC_0909 So, I’m going to continue to work on my black and whites and see if they continue to speak to me.  I think they will.

And just for fun, as we were leaving the park, Piper started swinging from a fence chain and talking to the ducks swimming by.  For some reason, it was particularly funny to me.

DSC_0918 These kids are so much fun!

No comments: