Monday, February 27, 2012

Giraffe is Sick

Last night Rosemary told us that her giraffe was sick.  He apparently stubbed his toe at the zoo and it’s all been downhill since then.  He’s been running a fever off and on, and needing almost constant medication.  Today he would only feel better if he could lay on the couch and watch Dora the Explorer with his teddy bear.  He’s had shots throughout the day today, and Rosemary’s kept her cellphone with her at all times just in case she needs to call the pediatrician, which she does about every 5 minutes.  We keep thinking that Giraffe is getting better, but then he takes a turn for the worse.  Please keep Giraffe in your thoughts and prayers in the coming days – taking care of him is becoming exhausting and we all hope he is much better soon. 

In other news, I’ve been a bad blogger but have just been really busy.  The BAMOM Twice as Nice sale was this past weekend, which has taken up a good bit of my time.  My 3-year-old laptop’s screen died on me, so I’ve spent quite some time setting up my new laptop (thank goodness I back up regularly so it wasn’t as bad as it could have been).  Also, last week was the last week of my Lightroom 101 class, and I’m now photography class free and plan to be that way for a while.  I think I need some time to digest what I’ve learned.  For now, the current project is to continue to clean out the guest bedroom so that Henry can move in to his own room.  I’m hoping that Henry will be in there by the end of March, but the end of April is probably more realistic. 

So . . . that’s the short version of what’s been going on around here, and I’ll leave you with a cute photo of the big kids that I took last week:

DSC_1148

No comments: