Thursday, July 1, 2010

How To Slip N Slide

1. Stake the Slip N Slide into the ground.



2. Stay hydrated.



3. Attach the hose to the Slip N Slide.



4. Put on swimsuits.



5. Apply Sunscreen.



6. Have an experienced Slip N Slider demonstrate the proper form.








The first volunteer -- Rosemary! No surprise there. . . .





Then, Piper decided to give it a shot. . . .





Piper truly had excellent form. Then Henry decided that he wanted to try out the Slip N Slide himself.



Ready . . . Set . . .



Go . . .



. . . poor kid still hasn't figured out how to pick up that big noggin . . .



. . . come on, buddy . . .



. . . there you go!



And then he was ready to try it again!



The kids had a great time, and so did the grown-ups.










And when Piper wasn't Slip N Sliding, she was hard at work. It's a rough life!



I apologize if you've already seen these pictures on Facebook, but they were quite simply too entertaining not to publish them somewhere immediately. . . .

3 comments:

Kaylie said...

This is PRECIOUS! I love reading about your sweet family...I hate that I won't be there for Penelope's birthday (and all the inevitable MEU visits in between:), but I will make Amanda call me so maybe I can come visit :)

Heather said...

Thanks, Kaylie!! You will definitely have to come visit! I've had 3 MEU visits in less than 2 weeks, but I'm on day 4 visit-free and hoping to make it through the holiday weekend!

prettyhelmet said...

i am cracking up at Henry's SnS photo. poor buddy. welcome to the BCC: Big Cranium Club.