Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Another Penelope Update. . . .

Today I am 36 weeks and 4 days according to me, and 36 weeks and 2 days according to my doctor's office. Pretty close regardless. I had an appointment yesterday and Penelope looks great. My cervix still has not changed in 8 weeks. I have absolutely no idea how. I almost asked my doctor: "Are you sure you are checking my cervix? Are you sure there's not a big gaping hole down there with a baby's head coming out?" But I refrained. I have no idea how I was starting to dilate and efface 8 weeks ago and now I'm at a standstill. And I have no idea how the contractions I had with the kids had me fully dilated at 30 weeks, but much worse contractions now do nothing. But, I will take it for what it's worth and just be happy that I can cook Penelope for a while longer and hopefully end up with a big, healthy, term baby. If I make it that long, I have a scheduled c-section date of August 10 at noon, when I will be 39 weeks and 4 days according to me, and 39 weeks and 2 days according to my doctor's office. I'm coming up on 4 weeks since I've had a MEU visit, and I'm hoping to keep that streak going for quite a while. I'm still having a lot of contractions, and overall they are stronger than they were, but not so close together for long enough that I feel compelled to visit the MEU at this point in the game when no one will be stopping labor.

I had a lovely mani-pedi last Friday with Cathy and Ann, and managed to get in a hair appointment earlier today. Even though I'm completely and totally worn out now from all of the "activity" and the contractions that follow, I feel as though I at least look a little more like myself.

I did bust out my camera and take a few pictures of the kids this past weekend. Not many, but a few. I'll try to get those posted in a couple of days.

4 comments:

The Grasshoppa aka: Triplets Plus Two Momma said...

Wow! So does this mean you get to come off bed rest?

Doing great! So close now :)

Heather said...

I'm off bedrest! I just have to watch it so that I don't do so much that I have really bad contractions. Not so much because they could possibly make Penelope want to leave, but more so for my own wellbeing! I can't believe she'll be here in less than 3 weeks!

Nik said...

Congrats on making it so far! Full term tomorrow! I've been following your pregnancy (like your last one!) and am so happy to see you at this stage. YAY!

Heather said...

Thank you so much, Nik! This pregnancy has been nothing but surprising the whole way through! I'm just hoping that carrying her this long means that she will skip the NICU and come home with us.