Thursday, August 14, 2008

Rosemary is Wearing Clothes

This past Sunday, little Rosemary made it to a crib, which means she was finally able to put on clothes. She seems to really love having on some cute pink clothes!




As of yesterday, Rosemary weighed 4 pounds 2 ounces! She is really plumping up, as you can tell from the pictures. Rosemary has now more than doubled her birthweight! She does great with a bottle and quickly downs all of her feeds by bottle. The best news is that Rosemary is on her FOURTH day of the brady countdown. If she doesn't have another brady, then we can expect to bring Rosemary home on Saturday!! However, of all of the kids, I most expect Rosemary to wait until the last possible moment to have a brady and foil our attempts to bring her home! But, we have our fingers crossed that this weekend we'll have all three precious babies home with us.

Piper and Henry are both doing great. At our pediatrician appointment this past Tuesday, Piper weighed 5 pounds 8 ounces and Henry weighed 6 pounds 4 ounces! When we were at the pediatrician's office, people kept seeing us with the babies and commenting on what small babies we had. What?!! I was quite irritated that everyone kept on saying that the babies are small. These babies are HUGE to us and we are so proud that they are growing so big and strong, and I can't believe that anyone can look at them and think that they are small. But, I guess it's all perspective. No one seeing them could know that they really aren't even supposed to be born yet.

Gary and I took Piper and Henry to an eye appointment this morning. Very often, preemies have eye problems that show up prior to the babies' due date. Thankfully, so far, all three babies have normal eyes. We have one more eye appointment in two or three weeks and then we'll be released. Anyway, while we were at the appointment, people were staring and pointing and saying, "Look -- it's twins!" Seriously, people were acting as if they had never even heard of twins, much less seen them. I can't even imagine what people are going to do when they see us with three babies. I guess we're going to have to get used to drawing attention.

Also while at the eye appointment, one older "gentleman" in the waiting room was talking about the babies to his wife, and very loudly said, "And look at her -- she's pregnant again." I'm not. So not funny. At all. I'll definitely never wear that outfit again. I wish I would have told Gary to go punch the guy. . . .

5 comments:

Julie said...

YAY for Rosemary!!! Hopefully you will get to take her home on Saturday!! Who is going to pose in these pictures? Perhaps you should bring an extra person and you and Gary both can pose in them together. =) The dude at the eye doctor is a total DUMMY!!!!!

Peggy said...

People are so rude! I can't believe that man said that to you. I think you look GREAT!! He must have needed his eyes checked. :)
Rosemary is really growing and so pretty!

Marissa said...

YAY! Way to GROW Rosemary! :) They are all so adorable! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a big homecoming soon! :)

Abbie said...

LOL!! Got to love grumpy old men! :-P I think you look great. I bet R will be home this weekend!! How exciting to get them all home!!!

Cathy said...

What great news about Rosemary!! She is beautiful. Looks like you'll have your whole family together really soon! I can't wait to get that update. Stupid, stupid man eye doctor man. You did not look pregnant three weeks ago, so I am certain that you do not look pregnant now. I have little doubt that the crazies will start lining up to make dumb comments once you are out and about with all three of them; I guess you'll figure out a way to be sort of zen-like in ignoring them. Can't wait to hear when you have all three home!