Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Cards

A few years ago, Gary and I started sending out Christmas card pictures. Since we didn't have children, for the pictures we dressed up the one child that we had -- our cat, Francesca. Lots of people enjoy our Christmas cards and understand the humor, but then lots of people think that we're a little disturbed. . . .

Here are a couple of my favorite Christmas card pictures from the past:




Since our friends found out that we were going to have a (human) baby -- and especially once everyone found out we were having three babies -- we've been asked again and again what we're going to do about our Christmas cards. There was no way that we could leave Francesca out of the picture, but we wanted to include our other new babies in the picture as well. It took a lot of work and involved a few meltdowns by all four of them, but here is the Christmas card picture that we are using for this year:

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Hilarious!! The card is awesome and I already can't wait to see next years!!

Abbie said...

My cats would NEVER do that! That is a great picture of all 4. I don't what to know how long it took to get it.

Cathy said...

You have no idea how completely owned I and my entire family was by your Christmas card. I didn't notice Francesca at first because I was focusing on the cuteness of your three human babies, but when my eyes finally moved a little more to the right and I saw the kitty sitting in a distinctly human position, I lost it. And I've enjoyed the walk down Lee Christmas card memory lane in this post (your cards are always among our favorites, and I am already looking forward to next year's!)