A couple of weeks ago, I was getting my hair did at the hair salon when I got an e-mail from Gary. I read it and made some suitably appropriate expletive, causing my hair stylist to ask if everything was okay. It went something like this:
Hair Stylist: Is everything okay?
Me: Well, my husband sent me an e-mail and all it says is, "They ate rocks from the fireplace."
Hair Stylist: Oh no! Your dogs?
Me: No, my children, I presume.
Hair Stylist: Oh. Uh. Well, I hope they're okay.
In case you are wondering, Poison Control said that those fireplace rocks are non-toxic. It's good to know things like that.
Anyway, we now have to really keep an eye out to make sure that the kids don't get in the fireplace. We thought about a lot of things that involved spending money, when Gary had a great idea. We would just use the cardboard box from the stair gate to block off the fireplace. Whatever gets the job done. . . . Gary and I made a few cracks about how tacky it looked, then Gary disappeared upstairs and came back downstairs to get to work on reducing the tackiness of the fireplace child-blocker. Following are pictures detailing the transition:
Isn't it nice to have a fireplace that isn't tacky?!!
Pictures of My Kids Sleeping - After blowing up this blog, I didn't have a place to put the scattered pieces of nothingness that happen in between the events of my family's life docume...
5 years ago